Spiced Pumpkin Bread
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||1 hour 10 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||2 hours|
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup safflower oil
2 large eggs
1 cup pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans & pepitas (preferably lightly toasted)
1 cup raisins
Zest of one orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Beat sugar and oil in large bowl to blend.
- Mix in eggs, orange zest and pumpkin.
- Sift flour, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt and baking powder into another large bowl.
- Stir into pumpkin mixture in 2 additions.
- Mix in pecans, pepitas & raisins.
- Divide batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool 10 minutes.
- Using sharp knife, cut around edge of loaves. Turn loaf out onto rack and cool completely.
Delicious with a cup of tea.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> BREADS, MUFFINS & PANCAKES >> Spiced Pumpkin Bread