Blackberry Almond Bundt Cake
This is a rich, dense vegan cake not too sweet and very delicious.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||45 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||2 hours|
2 cups of wholemeal pastry flour
1 cup of freshly minced almond meal
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup of maple syrup
2/3 cup of corn oil
1 1/2 cups of blackberry jam
1/2 cup of rice milk or coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C and lightly grease a bundt tin.
- In a large bowl combine the pastry flour, almond meal, sea salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the maple syrup, corn oil and 1 cup of the jam and the coconut milk. Add the liquid to the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out.
- Meanwhile heat the remaining 1/2 cup of jam and 1/2 cup of water in a small saucepan, stir until a reduced syrup forms. Pour over the warm cake.
Delicious with coffee
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> CAKES >> Blackberry Almond Bundt Cake