Red Beet Chocolate Cake
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||1 hour|
|Time Until Ready:||overnight|
1 3/4 cups unbleached flour (sifted)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
1 1/2 cups beets (pre-cooked & pureed)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate (melted & cooled)
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Confectioner's sugar (sifted)
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Combine sugar, eggs and oil in a bowl and beat until creamy.
- Beat in the beets, cooled chocolate, and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, beating well after each addition.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan or bundt pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour or until cake tests done.
- Cool in pan on rack.
- Cover and let stand overnight to improve flavor. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.
Delicious with heavy cream, poured - and assorted small berries
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> CAKES >> Red Beet Chocolate Cake