Blackberry & Apple Crumble
|Preparation Time:||15 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||45 minutes|
3 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled and chopped
2 punnets blackberries
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Small handful basil, chopped
5 heaping tablespoons sugar
4 heaping tablespoons flour
4 ounces butter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put the fruit into the bowl with the balsamic vinegar, basil, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Add a little more sugar if the blackberries are sour. Mix and put aside to marinate.
- Rub together the flour, butter, and the rest of the sugar (until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs).
- Put the fruit into an ovenproof serving dish or into individual dishes.
- Sprinkle the crumble mix over the fruit, making sure to pile more into the middle of the dish.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the middle of the crumble is evenly golden and the fruit has started to bubble up around the edges.
Delicious with vanilla icecream
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> DESSERTS >> Blackberry & Apple Crumble