Strawberries Macerated with Basil & Black Pepper
|Time Until Ready:||2 hours|
6 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered lengthwise
- Put the sugar and 1/2 cup of the basil in a food processor and pulse until the mixture forms a fine paste.
- Place in a large bowl and stir in 2 grinds of pepper and the vinegar, mixing until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the strawberries and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 1/2 hours, stirring twice.
- Thinly slice the remaining basil leaves.
- Drain the strawberries, reserving the marinade.
- Toss the strawberries with the sliced basil and divide among 4 dessert glasses or bowls.
- Drizzle the marinade over the berries and sprinkle very lightly with pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Delicious with ricotta cheese or vanilla icecream
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> DESSERTS >> Strawberries Macerated with Basil & Black Pepper