|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||20 minutes|
1/4 chopped onion
2 large tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
A pinch of chili powder
Chili peppers to taste
Shredded Monterey cheese to sprinkle on top
- Chop the onion and chili peppers, and mash the garlic with a press (or finely chop).
- Set a small frying pan to mid-high heat. Add 1 dash of oil to the pan. Add the tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili powder and chilis. Once the sauce is boiling, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- On a second, larger frying pan, fry two tortillas in a very small amount of cooking oil (about 30 seconds on each side). Put the tortillas on a plate.
- Now fry two eggs without overcooking them or cooking the top of the egg. Place one egg on top of each tortilla and fully cover the eggs with the sauce. The sauce will cook the top of the egg. Repeat the frying process for the other eggs.
- Serve some shredded cheese on top.
Delicious with refried beans.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> EGGS & CHEESE >> Huevos Rancheros