This recipe probably works equally well for sweetbreads.
|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||1 hour +|
1 small onion, sliced
1 bay leaf
Salt & pepper
1 tablespoon of vinegar
- Wash the brains in salt and water, remove the skin and fibers.
- Put brains into a large saucepan, cover with water and add 1 teaspoon of salt, vinegar, onion, peppercorns and bay leaf, and cook gently for about 20 minutes or until firm.
- Cool and chop finely.
- Season with salt and pepper and add as much egg as necessary to bind the ingredients together.
- Stir in pan over heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat and cool.
- Form into round fritters, coat with egg and breadcrumbs and fry in hot oil until lightly browned.
Delicious for lunch.
Source: Adapted from Mrs. Beeton's Family Cookery.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> MEAT >> Brain Fritters