Rich Fast Tomato Sauce with Penne
This sauce, using pork skin, is actually less fatty than an all-meat sauce, as you remove the pork skin before serving. Nothing beats this recipe for speed in producing a full-bodied and flavorful pasta sauce.
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||25 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||30 minutes|
|Serves:||4 - 6|
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
1 28 ounce can Italian tomatoes
1 piece pork skin, approximately 1/4 - 1/2 pound
4-5 fresh basil leaves
Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound penne pasta
Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil in a deep skillet. Add the garlic and cook briefly until it releases its characteristic aroma.
- Pass the tomatoes, juice and all, through the coarse disk of a food mill directly into the skillet.
- Add the pork and basil.
- Cook over moderately high heat until the sauce thickens, approximately 20 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove the pork skin before serving.
- Cook the penne in abundant boiling salted water until al dente.
- Quickly drain and place in a serving bowl with the tomato sauce.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the pasta and mix well with the sauce.
Delicious with green salad and crusty bread.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> PASTA >> Rich Fast Tomato Sauce with Penne