Black Olive Polenta
|Preparation Time:||40 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||20 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||1 hour 10 minutes|
1 cup quick cooking polenta or cornmeal
1 cup tapenade see recipe
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
6 cloves garlic
3 tomatoes, washed, peeled and chopped
3 tablespoons rosemary, finely chopped
1 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium size saucepan bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the polenta in a thin stream, stirring constantly. When all the polenta has been added, lower the heat to simmer.
- Mix in the tapenade and salt and cook for 5-7 minutes until very thick (the consistency of thick oatmeal).
- Pour the polenta out into a clean ungreased 9" x 13" pan, smoothing over the top with the back of a spoon to create even thickness.
- Set aside to cool for 1/2 hour.
- When cool, cut into 8 wedges.
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a 12-14" sauté pan, heat the olive oil over moderate heat.
- Add garlic and sauté until just lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, stirring quickly to move the garlic off the pan bottom, and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add wine and rosemary and reduce by one half. The mixture should be loose but not thin like a sauce.
- Set aside off heat.
- Place polenta under broiler and cook until hot but not darkened, or about 3 minutes per side.
- Bring tomato mixture up to a boil over moderate heat.
- As a main course, place two wedges on each of four plates and divide tomato mixture, spooning over top.
- Serve immediately.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> RICE & OTHER GRAINS >> Black Olive Polenta