Halibut with Egg and Lemon Sauce
A simple yet delicious fish dish.
|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||25 minutes|
1 onion, sliced
1 lemon, sliced
1 pound of halibut
2/3 cup of water
Salt & pepper
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 egg, beaten
- Put onion and lemon slices in the bottom of a shallow pan and place fish on top. Add the water and seasoning.
- Cover pan, bring to boil and then cook gently for about 15 minutes. When the fish is opaque, it is cooked.
- Carefully lift fish and place it on a heated serving dish.
- Strain the liquid from the pan to use for the sauce.
- To make the sauce, blend the cornstarch with the strained juice of the lemon. Bring the fish liquid to the boil and pour it into the cornstarch mixture. Return to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Allow the mixture to cool a little, then pour it into a bowl over the beaten egg. Mix and pour sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Delicious with brown rice, salad, and a dry white wine.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> SEAFOOD >> Halibut with Egg and Lemon Sauce