Tahitian Raw Fish in Coconut Cream
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||5 hours|
4 pounds very fresh fish (bream or snapper)
Juice of 3 limes (or lemons)
2 onions, finely sliced
Salt and pepper
2 cups coconut cream
1 green pepper, chopped
1 avocado, diced
- Remove all skin and bones from fish and cut into 1" square pieces.
- Place in plastic bags along with the lime juice and half the sliced onions. Place bags in fridge to allow fish to marinate overnight or for about 4 hours at room temperature. The fish is ready when it is white right through. Shake the bag occasionally during marination or, if marinating in a bowl, stir with a wooden (not metal) spoon.
- Drain the fish and discard the excess juice and onion.
- Place in a clean bowl and add the rest of the sliced onion and seasoning. Mix well, adding the coconut cream, and allow to stand for half an hour before serving.
- Serve garnished with sliced green pepper and avocado cubes.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> SEAFOOD >> Tahitian Raw Fish in Coconut Cream