Bay Scallops with Spinach & Garlic
|Preparation Time:||20 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||5 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||30 minutes|
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 pounds fresh spinach, stemmed and washed but not dried
2 teaspoons Kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 pound bay scallops
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white wine
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and lemon zest and cook, stirring constantly, for 20 seconds. Add the spinach and toss from time to time until wilted. Drain off the liquid and season with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the scallops and sauté until just cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and add the lemon juice and wine. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pan, for 15 seconds.
- Remove from heat, toss in the scallops and season with the remaining salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a mound of spinach in the center of 4 plates and surround with scallops. Serve immediately.
Delicious with a well oaked Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> SEAFOOD >> Bay Scallops with Spinach & Garlic