|Preparation Time:||10 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||5 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||10 minutes|
8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup
NB: The chocolate sauce is only as good as the chocolate you use, so use the best you can.
- Place the chocolate in a metal bowl.
- Combine the cream and corn syrup in a small heavy nonreactive saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the liquid over the chocolate and allow it to sit for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the chocolate has melted.
- Whisk to combine.
- Allow the sauce to cool slightly, then pour into a bowl or other container. (Stored in the refrigerator, tightly covered, the sauce will keep for up to 2 weeks.)
- To serve, warm the sauce gently in the top of a double boiler.
Delicious with vanilla icecream and berries.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> SWEET SAUCES >> Chocolate Sauce