|Preparation Time:||30 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||25 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||2 hours|
1 cup whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise or 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg yolks, beaten
- In a heavy medium-size saucepan, combine cream and sugar.
- Scrape vanilla bean seeds into pan. Add pod.
- Bring mixture just to boil (DO NOT LET IT BOIL OR IT MAY CURDLE) over medium-low heat.
- Whisk yolks in medium bowl to blend.
- Whisk in half of the cream and sugar mixture.
- Return mixture to saucepan and cook until thickened, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes, strain into a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. This can be made ahead of time.
Delicious with tart desserts
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> SWEET SAUCES >> Creme Anglais