Baked Fennel with Garlic Butter
|Preparation Time:||5 minutes|
|Cooking Time:||20 minutes|
|Time Until Ready:||25 minutes|
3 large heads fennel
1 clove garlic, finely sliced
3 tablespoons of butter
1 1/4 cups vermouth (or white wine)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Remove any discoloured parts of the fennel, then cut the tops off and slice finely, reserving the leaves.
- Put all the ingredients except the reserved leaves into a baking dish.
- Take a piece of baking paper, run it under cold water and scrunch it up to make it soft. Then place it snugly over and around the fennel (not the actual dish). This bakes and steams the fennel at the same time, making it really tasty.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Scatter with the fennel leaves before serving.
Delicious with meat or fish dishes
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> VEGETABLES >> Baked Fennel with Garlic Butter & Vermouth