|Preparation Time:||1 hour|
|Cooking Time:||2 hours|
|Time Until Ready:||2-3 hours|
3.5 lbs fully ripe tomatoes
3 bell peppers green & red
6 cloves garlic
Herbes de Provence (basil, thyme, parsley)
Small can tomato paste (optional)
- Pour a generous amount of olive oil in a large cooking pot with thick bottom
- Chop the onion, put it into the pot and start it cooking slowly.
- Chop and add the garlic.
- Wash the bell peppers, cut into small strips, and stir in.
- Wash the tomatoes, chop them up in big chunks, add and stir in well.
- Add the herbes de Provence, salt and pepper to taste. If the tomatoes are not vine-ripened and flavorful, add a small can of tomato paste.
- Cut the eggplant and the zucchini into big chunks and add. Stir down until all the ingredients are well-mixed..
- Simmer for 1-2 hours, depending on how chunky or soft you like it.
Delicious warm or cold with grilled chicken or as a vegetarian main course over brown rice or as an omelette filling.
hellskitchen.bz >> RECIPES >> VEGETABLES >> Ratatouille